Out of the Cave

Friday, April 03, 2015 8 Comments A+ a-


Morning! Trying to wake up, so the Cafe brew is especially strong this morning. Guys, I went into my editing cave last week and didn't come out for five days. Yep. Five days of reading, tweaking, smoothing, responding to my editor's suggestions, tweaking some more. Bathing once in a while, eating when I thought of it. Sleeping about four hours a night.

By the time we'd finished, I was exhausted. But also happy...because guess what? My book is out!




Yes, Gambit is officially published...thanks to the fantastic efforts of the REUTS team. Especially my editor, Kisa Whipkey, who went into that editing cave with me and never left my side. She is a remarkable woman, and I'm officially declaring her editing skill as a superpower. :)

So I'm taking a few days off to recover from cave-time. I've slept more in the past two days than I have all week, lol. But this is good, because I'd like to start the Square Peg series soon, and I want to be completely healthy for researching and writing.

In the meantime, I have a lovely new website (www.cldenault.com) to showcase Gambit. It has a blog--which will replace The Gillicrist Pen--and links to buy the electronic versions of my book. Paperbacks will be available in a few weeks, and I'll be offering signed copies of those on my website, via Paypal.

Let me know what you think of the site. It was designed by the fabulous team at Bizango, and when things slow down a little, I'd like to have them polish up the Cafe for me. This site could use a cool make-over, and they do excellent work.

Thanks for all the love and support, guys, and I promise to be back soon. Have a happy Friday and a wonderful Easter weekend!

Image Credit: Confetti 

8 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM delete

Hi there Meridian, I just want to congratulate you on finishing your book and on its publication. That is very exciting and a terrific accomplishment. Good for you! - Liz

Reply
avatar
jonathanrenck
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM delete

I think it may be fitting to had my heartfelt congratulations on this particular site. I will wait until I can get one of those signed paperbacks, but I look forward to seeing how Willow has grown since I met her here. I'm so happy you've seen a dream of yours worked to reality. Enjoy the win. Against our INFJ tendencies, do try to keep focused on just how amazing it is that you've accomplished becoming a published author. I look forward to the insight you bring with your research on the Square Peg phenomena. It is a sensation I've lived with most of my life. But enjoy some time after the final frantic hours of delivering your copy to publication. Congratulations.

Reply
avatar
Kisa Whipkey
AUTHOR
April 6, 2015 at 10:52 AM delete

Thank you so much for that lovely shout-out! Editing as a superpower? I can work with that. At the very least, that's a high compliment and I truly appreciate it. Congratulations on seeing your dreams of publication come true. It's been a pleasure working with you, and I hope you're as proud of Gambit as I am of you. Enjoy your accomplishment. You've definitely earned it! <3

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
April 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM delete

Thank you, Jon - this means sooo much to me. You've been a huge help along the way, especially while Gambit was in its infant stage. When you get that paperback, be sure to check the acknowledgements page for your name. :)

And thanks for the reminder, because I'm sort of like...okay, Gambit's out, that's great, now what's next on the list? Lol. You know me well. I promise to get some rest and be refreshed for the Square Peg series.

Take care, my friend. :)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
April 6, 2015 at 12:05 PM delete

You're welcome, Kisa. Yes, it's definitely a superpower and I know you have the cape to prove it. ;) Thanks for everything...I look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
June 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM delete

I was turning in a paper for language arts from a few weeks ago where I was required to find literary elements in my independent book and write about their purpose. At the time, I was reading Gambit, and I found one entry about something showing up repeatedly in a book. I used Willow's tiger, and went into a whole nerdy explanation in my journal to my teacher about how Willow was an INFJ, whose dominant function is introverted intuition, which was represented by her tiger. :)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
June 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM delete

Aww, thank you so much for sharing this! You should see the smile on my face…reading your comment was the BEST part of my day. You were spot on in your analysis of the tiger symbolizing Willow’s intuition. She’s definitely an INFJ. :)

And I am completely honored that Gambit inspired a nerdy explanation! Hope your teacher appreciates it as much as I do. Thanks again and take care. :)

Reply
avatar