Catching Up

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-



(Feb 2017 Note: The Gillicrist Pen blog has been retired, so some of these links are no longer functional.)

Hey, guys! How is everyone?

LOTS to share today. I know you haven't seen me out here in a long time. But that doesn't mean I'm not writing! Between wildly fluctuating family responsibilities, I'm working on novels (yes, that's plural) and trying to keep up with posts on The Gillicrist Pen.

Speaking of Gillicrist, I did a little INFJ Fantastic Four mini-series out there on our functional stack. It's common for my perspective to change over time, so it was refreshing to brush up on research about our powerful Intuition, Feeling, Thinking, and Sensing functions and capture them in a different light. Click on the links if you're interested in reading the posts.



I also recently had the privilege of reviewing a terrific book written by Jennifer Soldner. A Look Inside a Rare Mind: An INFJ's Journal through Personal Discovery was an encouraging and inspiring work. I loved her honest insights into the life of an INFJ and plan on pulling out quotes to use in future blog posts. For more information on her book, check out her Amazon page and my 5-STAR Goodreads review.




And I'm excited to have my short story, Cry of the Windwalker, published in a anthology by REUTS Publications. Fairly Twisted Tales of a Horribly Ever After came out just in time for Halloween 2014, and it has plenty of gruesome stories for those who like their fairy tales on the bloodthirsty side. Electronic versions are available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and there's a hardcover version which can be pre-ordered here.

No news yet on the Gambit front, but I'll be sure and post when we set a release date. :)

Whew! Now that all those crazy links are out of the way...

(Spoiler alert: the next part of this post contains info about The Walking Dead mid-season finale, so if you don't want to know how it ends, you may want to put off reading this until you've watched it.)

I'm supposed to be doing some creative writing today, but I had to stop and take a breath to work through some grief over losing Beth on The Walking Dead. Are any of you guys sucked into that show? Holy cow, did I get worked up over that! And yes, I had to post about it (Life After Beth) in order to get it out of my system.

It probably seems silly to be so deeply invested in a television series. But I find that it's a good way to manifest my Fe without shocking anyone. In real life, my Fe has a way of hammering at me to do something about the intensity of my feelings. Write them out, talk them out, scream them out. Mull over them to the brink of insanity, then overreact (yeah, that one sucks). They don't just 'go away' without being processed. I feel a HUGE need to build a wall around them when I'm dealing with reality. You know, so I don't freak people out. Which I do anyway, when they wonder why I'm so stoic. Paradox, anyone?

With a tv series, though, I can kind of let things go. No one cares if I overreact (or underreact, or bizarrely react) to the plights of fictional characters. It's a great outlet for emotions. It helps me as a writer. It promotes the safety of the general public. And when the inevitable zombie apocalypse arrives, I'll be better-equipped to handle the madness.

The next few months will probably be kind of crazy, but I'll try to post more often to spread out the news. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and that you're prepping for the extremely cold winter ahead. I'm armed with multiple loads of firewood--are you?

Teaser from "Cry of the Windwalker"
Artwork by Ashley Ruggirello, REUTS Publications

Take care, folks!! :)