We Interrupt This Broadcast...

Saturday, August 03, 2013 4 Comments A+ a-


Hey, guys!

I'm typing this from the beautiful countryside of Southern Illinois. My hubby, bless his ESFJ heart, sent me off on a solo vacation. I'm getting some much-needed alone time, which I'm using to catch up on everything from blog posts to connecting-Twitter-to-Facebook attempts to responding to e-mails that desperately need attention. Eventually, I hope to get some solid writing done as well.

My actual view as I type this...

Before I post another relationship review, I wanted to share a couple of things out here. You may have noticed the Cafe has a cleaner look. It was getting a little messy, so I did some rearranging. Hopefully you'll find it a bit easier to navigate!

Back in May, I shared an article called "INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions Part I" by Cheryl Florus. I don't know about you, but I found that article particularly insightful. Fortunately for us, she's completed the second part of this series and is working on a third. Here's a link to Part II, in which she deals with the intensity of our emotions (something the INFJ struggles with daily):

http://personalityjunkie.com/07/infj-strategies-emotions-part-ii-protecting-positive-emotions/

In the future, I hope to share Part III of her work and also have her guest blog on some INFJ topics. I'm looking forward to hearing more INFJ wisdom from her viewpoint :-)

One more thing! Recently I had an e-mail conversation with a lovely INFJ with a professional writing and editing service (www.forindiebyindieediting.com). Our discussion about dealing with extraverts in the workplace reminded me how challenging it can be to deal professionally with other personality types (who really don't understand, or even value, or way of thinking). At some point, I want to post about this and get your feedback. I think it's a vital topic for many INJFs out there.

Hope this finds all of you well and in good spirits! Speaking of spirits, I have a glass of wine around here somewhere. Better go find it!

Ooh - found it!!!

Take care,
M.


4 comments

Write comments
Bree Howard
AUTHOR
August 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM delete

Thank you for sharing your findings! You always seem to peg the very topics that have been on my mind a lot at the time. I feel as if there should be a handbook on emotions written for INFJs. There are some emotionally shark-infested waters out there that can be tough to navigate without effective strategies in place.

And thank you for the shout on on For Indie, By Indie. I appreciate it!

Enjoy your vacation!

Reply
avatar
Pallavi Singh
AUTHOR
March 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM delete

dude this is THE page of the century. every time i read some thing posted on this site i can;t help but thinkU TOTALLY NAIL us infj's .everything you write is relatable.i loveeeeee your writing style....simply amazing:)

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
October 25, 2015 at 5:30 PM delete

Love this post! Good stuff!

Reply
avatar