Terminator

Friday, May 17, 2013 8 Comments A+ a-


Yep, just like the Terminator, I'm back! Woo hoo!


The last few months have been a whirlwind, and I hope you guys have been faring well in my absence. I've really missed posting and hearing from you! Have been doing quite a bit of writing, but it's not the same as emptying personal INFJ thoughts to folks who understand the weirdness that lies within :-)

Our mid-west winter was relentless. Hard, cold, and full of viruses. Spring wasn't much better! Now, after weeks of endless rain and the occasional April snow flurry (yeah, that caught us off guard), summer has finally begun to show her face. And with warm weather comes the desire to get outside, enjoy the sun, and work in the yard. We have big plans for our backyard this year--including taking down our pool and building a new deck. I feel the need for a transformation, and this is the first step.

Other plans are in the works as well. One goal we have is to help transition our special-needs son into a local group home. He turns 18 in June, and our family just doesn't have the resources to keep up with his growing need for independence. So we hope to get him into a place where he has greater opportunities for learning and socializing. Our daughter is graduating and trying to figure out her future. Caleb-the-workout-king turns 16 in July and is chomping at the bit to drive.

And, as always, I'm still writing. Downsized Prodigy and submitted the first chapter to a small self-publishing firm that I found via Figment. They asked for the entire manuscript, and I'm currently waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime, my brain won't rest--anyone familiar with that problem, lol?

So I'm working on other projects to focus the whirling thoughts. Got a Prodigy sequel in the works and started a vampire novel my daughter insisted I write just for her. I've sketched out a plot for a sci-fi mystery about memory erasure. Also got hit the other day with an idea for a sci-fi adventure romance--complete with spaceships and time travel--worked out some details and stuck it in the queue.

(sigh) I have no doubts about the INFJ creative force. It's a monster!!

Needless to say, there's not enough time in the day to deal with everything. School ends next week, which will leave me stranded at home with three bored teens. Ack! I doubt that I'll make much headway on any novels this summer.

But I do intend to keep posting! I know I promised you a relationship series. Having limited time for research, I just need to figure out an easy way to get the material out here for your review. Bear with me as I try to get back into the blogging groove. And please forgive me for not responding to e-mails or comments. I'll get on that as soon as I can :-) 
Peace and blessings to all of you dear folks,
M.


8 comments

Write comments
Colin Machan
AUTHOR
May 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM delete

Welcome back! You have been missed. Can't wait for the sci-fi romance, sounds really cool.

:)
C

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM delete

Wow, I have not been on this page for awhile and now I find that you just wrote again yesterday after such a long while(intuition?)... I hope you will write more now. INFJ-ness is so much nicer knowing there are others who share this special combination of qualities.

Keep writing!

Quintessential INFJ

Reply
avatar
May 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM delete

Welcome back! I was actually just thinking about you and swung by here the other day. I understand the hiatus. My blog is currently on the back burner as well. Life comes first. But glad to see you getting back into the swing!

Reply
avatar
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
May 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM delete

Welcome back! I was glad to see your post hit my inbox.

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
May 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM delete

Thanks, Colin - have missed you and your insight as well! :-)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
May 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM delete

Lol, I'm definitely betting it was your intuition! It's good to be back, and I hope to see more of you out here :-)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
May 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM delete

Thanks so much - for both the comment and the understanding. Sometimes life comes first, other times it seems like it gets in the way. There are points at which I wonder who's actually steering my boat...cuz it doesn't always feel like I'm the captain. So glad to have you here :-)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
May 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM delete

Thanks, Elizabeth! Have missed you :-)

Reply
avatar