Dealing with Emotions

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3 Comments A+ a-


Hey there! I was doing a quick check of my e-mail this morning and came across a summary of articles from Personality Junkie. One of the titles caught my eye:

INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions Part 1

The article is written by Cheryl Florus, an INFJ med student. I read through it and found it fascinating. She offers her view on our functional stack and why it plays a role in our inability to handle our own emotions. She also offers solutions to help us deal with it.

I know many of us (myself included) have trouble dealing with our emotions, mostly because they seem erratic, deep, and too complex to nail down. Just yesterday I walked away from yet another unsatisfied interaction...I couldn't seem to get my feelings into proper form and felt like I presented myself incorrectly to someone I'd just met. It's a little disconcerting to walk around knowing that people probably think of me one way--when I'm really not. I just happened to show them one facet out of a dozen.

So give Cheryl's article a review and see if it resonates. I enjoyed it!

Have a wonderful day,
M.


3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 23, 2013 at 7:23 AM delete

Thanks for sharing this with us. It is great you are on here writing again...

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
May 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM delete

You're so welcome...and I love being out here again talking with you!! Take care :-)

Reply
avatar
Yakarin
AUTHOR
July 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM delete

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have actually noticed that I always try to search a person or a group of people to share my feelings with when I am overwhelmed, I always found it frustrating and weak of my part, that I would run to anyone that could hear me out during trial times, but now it makes a lot of sense. When I am by myself on a hard time, I feel like my emotions are about to turn me mad or make me explode, I need to share them to listen to them and to understand them better... and why not, to let some of the pressure out :P tee hee!

Reply
avatar