Restlessness...be back soon...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6 Comments A+ a-


Morning, guys! It's a very cold--but bright and sunny--Tuesday, and I'm cozied up to a table in the Champaign Public Library again. I'm really starting to enjoy this place. Quiet, lots of space, a cafe with espresso and protein bars at my disposal. Probably should have been coming here sooner!

Sort of how I'm feeling at the moment...
I've been struggling with extreme restlessness lately. That can be a good sign or bad, depending on the source. Sometimes I feel it when God is preparing to bring about change. He will often allow me long periods of time walking the path on my own, then put an abrupt fork in the road to shake things up. Then sometimes the Phoenix just gets irritated with her prison-like confinement and screams at me, rattling the bars on her cage (sigh). Other times I get restless because of too many irons in the fire. You know the feeling you get when a million things clamor for your attention--and you don't know where to put your focus?

Grrr.

Regardless of the source, I've decided to take a few weeks off and work hard on wrapping up the Willow story. I'm at 122K words and want to conclude before 130K (yes, I'm serious this time). I hope to be back in the Cafe soon with fresh energy to tackle the 'Ship series. Until then, though, I've got to get this out of the way. My mind keeps reaching ahead, mentally writing Book 2, but I don't want to let it off the leash until I've reached closure on the first one!
So please be patient while I engage in an intense wrestling match with my own brain. I'll be back as soon as I can :-)

Blessings to all,
Meridian



6 comments

Write comments
Colin Machan
AUTHOR
January 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM delete

Thanks for the post. I can identify with your 'irons in the fire'. When you have too much in your to-do list to relax properly...

Take care of yourself. I look forward to your return, suitably de-stressed!

Reply
avatar
jonathanrenck
AUTHOR
January 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM delete

Hope time away helps you recognize where the restlessness is originating. I also hope you can get what you need to down to set yourself up well for book 2. We will wait you with anxious patience (what a fun oxymoron). Take care of yourself and we will be ready when you can return to us, ready and full of the zeal we enjoy.

Reply
avatar
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
January 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM delete

Take that much needed blog break to focus! I applaud you!!! Go get 'em, INFJ buddy!!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM delete

Missing your posts on here... I hope "soon" comes quickly...

Reply
avatar
ComplexGuy97
AUTHOR
February 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM delete

I am experiencing a similar period of restlessness. May we both become enlightened to the source and the solution of this unsettling time.

To all INFJs,
I solute you!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
March 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM delete

I hope you don't stay away for too long... I miss your writing...

Reply
avatar