P.S. River Moment

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3 Comments A+ a-


P.S. Hey, do you guys remember when I posted about waking up with a name being spoken in my head? I prayed for protection for this person without knowing why. Well, he contacted me by e-mail (for the first time in months) and said he's been going through a very bad, even dangerous ordeal. He didn't go into detail. Just wanted to let me know he's been having a tough time.

Hmm. I'm having a River moment. What do you think? Coincidence? INFJ superpower? Or deep calling unto deep?

Anyway, I'm still praying for him. And trying to stop the Twilight Zone theme from continuously playing in my head. Lol, welcome to the mysterious and intriguing world of the INFJ :-)

Always,
M.


3 comments

Write comments
Clint
AUTHOR
November 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM delete

I decided a while back that there's absolutely no harm in reaching out to someone due to a dream or feeling, because even if we're wrong, people like to know somebody's thinking about them.

Last time I had a dream featuring a random friend from my past, I emailed her the next day just to say, "Hey! Dreamed about you last night and just thought I'd say hey and let you know I was thinking about you. You doing good?" She replied that everything was peachy that day, but the next day her dad had a massive heart attack and spent weeks in the hospital recovering.

I think it's such a gift to be an INFJ and have that deep intuition, and the faith to act on it.

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
November 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM delete

You make a really good point, Clint.

When I heard the name inside my head, I immediately prayed. But I stopped there, and your comment has forced me to ask myself why. I guess the intuition/spiritual side of me still feels a little unaccepted by the rational world. I'm extremely protective of myself and my heart, so I do what I feel is necessary behind the scenes without putting myself on center stage...where I might get made fun of or criticized. Yes, this is selfish, and it's a pattern I should probably try to break.

I like your approach to the intuitive dream you had, and your confidence in reaching out to your friend. Next time I will try that myself and see what happens. Thanks so much for your comment :-)

Reply
avatar
Clint
AUTHOR
November 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM delete

Thank you, Meridian! I totally know what you mean about being protective of the inner you, and to elaborate a little on the instance I gave, that friend is also a deeply spiritual person and very open minded. I knew there was no real risk in reaching out to her and not hiding the "why" of it. What's more the Counselor in me knew that she, more than most, would appreciate that it was a dream I was acting on, and that it came a day before she actually needed it. And that's what makes us great isn't it? Not only the intuition, but the understanding of how to shape our counsel and support for the recipient!

Reply
avatar