Rain, Willow, Guardian Angel

Friday, September 07, 2012 2 Comments A+ a-


Hey there, INFJ fans - am holed up in my bedroom with my laptop, a cup of joe, and our little Suzzie Q. It's raining cats and dogs outside, and I love hearing the thunder rolling across the sky as I sit here and type. Coffee just tastes better when it's raining :-)

I've been deep in the throes of a creative spike this past week. Where it's come from, I haven't a clue. But I started this Willow tale 10 days ago, and I'm already on page 69. That's never happened. This story must really be some aspect of my personality screaming for release. I'm literally staying up until the wee hours of the night working on it, only stopping when I can't keep my eyes open.

The biggest problem with the Willow story is that it's more mature than the one I'm writing for Caleb. His story is probably a strong PG, whereas this one (due to darker themes and heavier violence) is definitely PG-13. That could be why it's easier to write...I have a better understanding of human nature for young adults than I do for teens. And really - are INFJs ever truly teenagers? We're such old souls that I sometimes think we skip the teen years and go straight for adulthood! At any rate, it's coming along, and I'm completely immersed. It's a great diversion from Caleb's story.

Also found some stunning artwork online to inspire me while thinking/writing about otherworldly characters. I was doing a search for Legolas on Google--his outfits in LOTR are along the lines of what I'm usually picturing--and I stumbled across a site with artwork by Ebe Kastein. Had never heard of her before, but her sketches are amazing. Warning: if you look her up, some of her artwork is graphic. I ignored the overly sensual stuff and just downloaded some of the elvish drawings. Her attention to detail is absolutely fantastic--the jewelry, the complex stitching on hems, the shading. I'm currently using this one as my background pic for inspiration:

Ebe Kastein
www.enednoviel.fandomish.net

Isn't that a gorgeous sketch? Seriously, who wouldn't want a guardian angel that looked like him?!? She has other sketches of actual characters from LOTR, Merlin, etc. I was completely impressed with her talent. Hmm...wonder if she's an INFJ?

Well, I've got to post on my other blog, return an e-mail, do some homework for a class I'm taking at church, and dive into Willow's complicated, mysterious life. Not necessarily in that order, though :-)

Have an awesome weekend, guys!

Always,
M.

2 comments

Write comments
September 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM delete

Nice post. I enjoyed it thoroughly. :) Have a great time writing! :)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
September 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM delete

Thanks, Aarthi! Hope your weekend was fabulous and that you're getting off to a great start this week... :-)

Reply
avatar