INFJ vs ENFJ

Monday, September 17, 2012 3 Comments A+ a-


'Morning...it's cool and misty out this morning, making the world a little calmer and more mysterious than usual. I stepped out on the deck for a few minutes to take it all in. I love how fog hangs in the air, serene and calm, blocking out the horizon and shrinking my world down to just the few feet in front of me. Very Hitchcockian.

Last night I happened to be thinking about my functional stack. Probably a weird thing to be contemplating, but late nights tend to stir me that way. I'm only an average introvert, but a really strong feeler. So I wondered if perhaps I wander in and out of INFJ and ENFJ roles at times. I don't know much about ENFJs, so I did some Tubing to see what I could find.

This video caught my attention:




Within the few first seconds the narrator happens to mention that INFJs are possibly the most extraverted of all introverts. I wasn't aware of this, but it explains a lot. He also says that both INFJs and ENFJs are strongly intuitive and have an incredible Fe that we use to engage the world around us. INFJs, however, have the intuitive lead going for them--we are big-picture driven, connect existing ideas, pattern seekers, and simplify ideas to the core--and our Ni allows us to spend more time inside ourselves. We use our Ni to think, muse, explore, define and then express this to others using our Fe. ENFJs tend to "feel" something is right and then filter it through their Ni when delivering it to others.

He goes on to say that one of our weaknesses is our Ti. The INFJ can come up with powerful ideas, but have a hard time making them reality. I find this is true with me. I've solved many a problem inside my head and then failed to implement the solution in real life (mostly because it takes more energy than I can give). The ENFJ is more active about carrying out their ideas, where the INFJ is better at coming up with them in the first place.

So basically the INFJ and ENFJ are doing a lot of the same things, but we present our ideas differently due to the differences in our functional stacks. I'd like to think that an INFJ/ENFJ team would be a powerful duo. The INFJ would come up with well-thought-out, brilliant, connective ideas that the ENFJ would feel are relevant and intuitively pass on to others.

So, back to my original musing. If a person is closer to the "extravert" line, does that make them more of an ENFJ than an INFJ? I don't think so, because I don't think the functional stack suddenly switches around like that. I think I'm just a more outgoing INFJ in certain situations where I'm comfortable.

I'd like to do some more comparisons of the INFJ against similar types. Hopefully there are more articles and videos out there to draw from!

Happy Monday,
M.


3 comments

Write comments
H2
AUTHOR
September 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM delete

iN-teresting...I can actually feel my iNtuive filtering.

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
September 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM delete

This explains why you and I get along so well, Homey - iNtriguiNg, eh?

Reply
avatar
H2
AUTHOR
September 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM delete

Perhaps not the only explanation but its a start.

Reply
avatar