Tired Yet Wired

Friday, August 17, 2012 4 Comments A+ a-


Wow. Friday again. Another week of my life has gone by, and I'm really not sure what I have to show for it. Am feeling trapped in my head. Restless. Tired yet wired. And I'm not sure why.

Do you ever have days when life seems to have lost its luster? When your routine gets so mundane that you want to scream for something new? My whole week has been this way. Some might say I've lost my motivation. But I really think that motivation has lost me.

(sigh)

Part of this rut is due to the betrayal of my body. As autumn creeps closer, the pollen count goes up. My allergies are causing drainage...which leads to nausea, dizziness, poor sleep, fatigue, etc. Yesterday I finally popped an antihistamine to curb the symptoms, and this morning I'm paying the groggy price.

When my body isn't functioning at full capacity, I have to slow it down. But the problem here is that my brain is still chugging along at its regular speed. I can't put a leash on my cerebral activity. My thoughts are spinning, reaching, trying to find connections and my body just can't keep up. The result is an ongoing battle that makes everything seem like an effort with little accompanying value.

And value is important to an INFJ. We need to feel like we're contributing. So far this morning, my biggest contribution to life has been brewing a overly-strong pot of coffee that really isn't doing a whole to wake me up.

Fridays are usually promising. And it's such a lovely day outside, cool and sunshiny. There's so much I could accomplish if my physical form would allow it. This is just one of those days when I feel like the very essence of myself is greater than my body can contain. Something inside is dying to get out and make an impact. Today I'm not a very good conduit for it.

So, more coffee? More sleep? Not sure what I need. But I think I'll take my cup out on the front porch for awhile and soak up some sunshine.  Maybe that will give the Phoenix within something to work with :-)

M.


4 comments

Write comments
H2
AUTHOR
August 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM delete

Yea for coffee. Lets consider that an accomplishment.

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
August 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM delete

Yes, the coffee was definitely an accomplishment! So was a walk around the block, which got my heart pumping and helped jump-start my brain. Today am in the library with the usual latte, getting a very late start, but still trying to work through this doggone antihistamine fog :-)

Allergies...you can't live with 'em, you can't live without medication for 'em...

Reply
avatar
Jon
AUTHOR
August 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM delete

Hey Meridian,

Here's Dr. Jon's recipe for this:

step one:
A meditative technique: Close your eyes. Breathe in and count as you breath in; then count as you breathe out. Do this relaxed for a little while (a few minutes is great).

step two
Take a walk outside even if for just a few minutes.

step three:
Write another blog post to connect with the big-wide world.

step four:
smile

:)

Reply
avatar
Meridian
AUTHOR
August 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM delete

Thanks for the recipe, Dr. Jon - I will certainly give this a try :-)

Reply
avatar